Thursday, January 8, 2009

Week 4 Post

I read "Investment in Clean Technology Suffers Steep Quarterly Decline" which can be found at http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123129110594759499.html

Amid all the talks about how we should all be greener in all the different aspects of our lives, investments have fell 35% in the fourth quarter as well as the smallest amount invested in the technology in six quarters. It is believed that the downturn was caused in part by the economic crisis. The clean technologies include research with solar, bio-fuels, transportation and wind.

This is astonishing to me that the clean technology fell especially by that much. I know there is the economic crisis at hand, but people could save money in the long run by further investing in these technologies. I personally don't have the money to be investing in these sorts of products, and I'm not all about global warming and protecting the earth but most of these products are just smart. You see a lot more green cars on the market and I have even heard there are waiting lists for some of theses cars. This is all just crazy in my mind, and the economy better turn around soon.

No comments: